- Cedar Point: 11 miles to the parking lot
- Miller Ferry / Port Clinton: 9 miles
- Jet Express / Port Clinton: 7 miles
- Jet Express / Sandusky: 7 miles
- Lake Erie: 11 – 15 minutes drive depending on your access choice
- Walmart: 10 miles
- Kroeger: 6 or 8 miles
- Ohio Turnpike exit at Route 250: 21 minutes
Checking in before the office closes is preferred. This allows us to make sure you are aware of everything. During the summer the office is open later and does close earlier on the off season. If you will be arriving after the office is closed, it is required that you have completed the documents sent to you in your email. Including providing any vehicle information that will be in the campground.
Our check-in time is 2:00pm or after. If you believe you will arrive before then, please call the office to determine if that is an option. There will be a fee assessed for early arrival. If your plan is to arrive in the morning in order to setup prior to going to Cedar Point we suggest you purchase the site for the night before.
Campsite fee is for up to 4 people. Additional people will be charged an additional $5 per person/per night. Maximum per campsite is 6 people.
A screen room is allowed provided it does not interfere with your neighbors, fire rings, walkways, utilities, etc., and it does not have a floor. Groups must obtain a larger canopy or screen room from the campground prior to arrival. Personal hot tubs and pools are not permitted.
Only one (1) camping unit is permitted per site, we do not allow tents on our RV sites.
Many of our campers wish to bring their pets along with them camping. Having your pet with you while camping brings with it a lot of responsibility. To ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, pet owners must observe the following rules:
- All pets must be registered at the office, per Erie County Department of Health rules.
- 2 dogs are permitted per campsite for no additional fee. There will be a nightly fee for each pet over 2 and must be approved by management.
- NO pets allowed in or at cabins. If this occurs, there will be a $50.00 cleaning fee charged.
- Must be kept under control at all times. For example, a 6 year old cannot walk your big dog in the campground. Must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet whenever pet is outside of camper or vehicle.
- Responsible for cleaning up any droppings (bags are available in the campground).
- NO pets are allowed in any buildings, restrooms, office, laundry, game room, activity center, etc.
- Do not leave your pet unattended at the campground. Your pet may be quiet when you are here, but shortly after you leave, it becomes lonely and is likely to share loneliness with your neighbors.
- Dog Manners are a must! Barking must be controlled. Be aware if barking becomes an annoyance to your fellow campers, you may be asked to leave.
- Your visitors may not bring their pets with them.
We understand you might like to invite a nearby guest or two to your campsite for a meal or a few hours to share. Our policies require us to keep track of who is in the park. Check with office for fees, restrictions and hours allowed to visit.
- All visitors must be pre-registered at the office prior to their arrival. This ensures us that the person/s are expected by you. The visitor fee is $5.00. They will also need to register their vehicle and receive a parking pass. They will be instructed where visitor parking is. If they leave within 1/2 hour of their arrival, we will refund their visitor fee.
- Remember that the maximum per campsite is 6 people – this includes visitors.
- Visitors may arrive between 9am and 8pm. Visitors must leave by 10pm.
- Visitors may not bring any pets.
- You, the camper, are responsible for the conduct of your guests. All visitors are subject to the rules of the campground. Any violation will result in the removal of the visitor and the camper.
- We do reserve the right to restrict visitors in our park at any time and to any campsite (especially during holiday periods or busy weekends).
- Quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am. Any outdoor music, televisions and floodlights must be off.
- Kids must all be at their campsites no later than 10pm.
- You are welcome to quietly enjoy your campsite as long as you are respectful of the others camping with us.
We sell firewood here at the campground for $5.00 a bundle. It is our request that outside firewood (not from the immediate area of the campground) not be brought with you. The transporting of firewood is a common way of transporting disease and invasive insects.
We prohibit the use of ALL fireworks. With permission of the owners, you may request the use of handheld sparklers and smoky devices, and novelties.
NO firearms or weapons of any variety are permitted.
- Alcohol is allowed at your campsite only by those over the age of 21.
- Be aware that any inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and will result in eviction without refund.
- Our campground is often enjoyed by bicycle riders. Primarily flat (with a small hill or 2) it is suitable for children. Parents are responsible for supervision of children on bikes. Please remind them about bike safety.
- No bike riding is permitted after dusk.
To ensure the safety, privacy and enjoyment of our guests, the use of drones (unmanned aerial vehicles), is prohibited.
- This areal is idea for all types of fishing. Fishing from shore, boats, charters and more. Please look at ODNR.org.
- No matter the season, Shores & Islands Ohio is a freshwater fishing hot spot where both pro anglers and beginners alike join in the fishing fun. To diehards, we’re known as the “Walleye Capital of the World.”, but you can also find perch, smallmouth bass, and a number of other fish species. Shores & Islands Fishing Info.
- Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of Crystal Rock Campground to photograph the visitor while on the premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor.
- If you see a staff person taking photos and have reasons that they need to not be posted, please share it with that person at that time or discuss with owners.
Our cancellation policy:
- 7 days or longer from your arrival date you will receive a full refund less $10.00 processing fee for camping or a $20.00 processing fee for cabins. IMPORTANT: Within the time of 7 days or less of arrival date, you will forfeit the first night fee for your campsite and be refunded the balance. There is no refund for reservations already in process (as of scheduled arrival date). No refunds as a result of illness, family emergency or weather.
- No ATVs, mini-motor bikes or other off road vehicles
- Golf Carts may be allowed:
- Must be driven by a licensed driver over age 18.
- Cannot be driven after dusk.
- No more than the allotted number of people in the golf cart. If designed for 4 people, no more than 4 people may ride.
- Based on size of campground, it is recommended that golf carts be utilized by mobility challenged individuals.
- We welcome you to our campground and wish for you to have a safe, comfortable and enjoyable stay. To ensure that you do, please remember you are a guest on this property, sharing the surroundings with other campers just like you, please respect that. This campground is privately owned and operated. Our policies are in place to sure EVERYONE’S safety and comfort.